Produced by Xiamen Lucitopia Culture co. LTD and co-curated by C-Platform and Mexdia Lab, the Lucitopia Residency Program has special cooperation with Green Art Lab Alliance (EU). Distinct from other art residencies, the Lucitopia Residency Program is a comprehensive residency program that welcomes interdisciplinary and cross-media practitioners from different backgrounds to explore the possibilities of a specific space or area.
Lucitopia Residency Program is a comprehensive residency program that welcomes interdisciplinary and cross-media practitioners from different backgrounds to explore the possibilities of a specific space or area. You may be an artist or a curator whose focus could be on, for instance, painting, video, sound, performance, installation or cross-media; or you may be a designer focusing on architecture, Objects, fashion or food; or you may be a researcher focusing on nature, biology, agriculture, technology or on literature and the humanities. Since the working environment of this residency program occurs predominantly in rural areas and in nature, the recommended age for the applicant is between 25 and 55.
鹿栖驻地计划与通常意义上的艺术驻地有所不同，它是一个由跨学科、跨专业、跨媒介等不同背景的实践者共同参与，探讨特定空间场域可能性的综合性驻地计划。你可以是从事绘画、影像、声音、行为、装置、跨媒体的艺术家、策展人；或是来自建筑、物件、时尚、食物等专业方向的设计师，或是专注自然、生物、农业、科技、人文等领域的研究人员。（由于本驻地计划多在乡野自然环境中工作，建议申请者年龄为25 - 55岁）
• Open application throughout the year.
• There will be five residency periods in 2019.
(March-April, May-June, July-August, September-October, November-December)
• Each residency period hosts between two to four resident participants for a duration of two months.
• The first residency commences on March 1, 2019.
• The applicant submits the application form and other required documents by email to the only official email address email@example.com.
• We will discuss and evaluate the applicants based on the documents they submit before our final decision on their eligibility to participate.
• Applicants will receive a notification email for the result of their application within 15 business days.
• The selected applicants will provide required follow-up documents (these will be specified in the notification email).
Documents Required for the Application
• Recent Chinese/English resume (PDF format).
• Portfolio (personal portfolio, web page or PDF document; for image data or media files, please attach a web link).
• Residency program application form (please go to the program official website to download).
（3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12月）
The first host venue accommodating our Lucitopia Residency Program • In the Countryside lies in Lucitopia Town, Zixi Qingliang Mountain. Located on the Zhuxi Forest Farm of Zixi County close to Fuzhou in Jiangxi Province, Lucitopia Town encompasses Qingliang Mountain National Forest Park as well as several villages. Surrounded by mountains and rivers with outstanding ecological conditions, a pleasant natural environment and a conscientious population of local villagers, it maintains the identity of a “creative industry featured town”, aiming to provide a habitable town characterized by ecological civilization and creative industry.
Lucitopia Town provides participants with a unique experience to discover their inner “spirit of nature” in an environment where people and nature complement each other. In the contemporary cultural context, they will explore the current relationship between man, nature, society and civilization, looking for diverse modern transformational and innovation approaches to traditional culture.
• Open-air venue for creation in either the natural environment or in the village; an indoor shared studio of about 100㎡ (equipped with internet, photocopier, laser engraving and 3D printing facilities).
• Offer of service for organizing and coordinating project activities during the residency, limited edition poster design, social media release and publicity.
• Offer of Chinese-English translations related to the creation and daily activities during the residency.
• We will offer transportation services within the residency area during the residency.
• We will offer maximum five days of hotel accommodation and reception in the city: Staff will assist international participants during transfer in Xiamen for two of these days before the village residency (domestic participants travel directly to the village without transfer). The remaining three days of accommodation will be arranged so that all residency participants can share their residency experiences in Xiamen and other cities.
Residence Facilities of the Venue
• Idyllic village with a natural ecological environment and pristine mountain life.
• Lucitopia Creative Center, a multi-purpose space for studios, lectures, seminars and presentations.
• Lucitopia Inn, a container design hotel in nature, each room being approximately 15㎡ and being fully equipped.
• 我们将最多提供5天城市酒店住宿接待： 其中两天将有工作人员协助国际参与者在乡村驻地之前的厦门中转（国内参与者直接前往无需中转）；另三天将安排所有驻地参与者在厦门或其他城市进行驻地分享
• LUCITOPIA Inn，在大自然中的集装箱设计酒店，房间约15㎡，设备齐全
Based on each applicant's specific residency plan, we will provide residency funding ranging from RMB 2,000 to 20,000.
根据申请者具体申报的驻地计划方案，我们将提供2000 - 20000元不等的驻地资助。